Supplier Diversity Procurement Manager
We are searching for an innovated Supplier Diversity Manager that also has SBLO experience and has worked with managing U.S. government programs. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who is dynamic, persuasive and insightful on how to get a Supplier Diversity Program supported and promoted within a company. This company has a strong presence in Supplier Diversity and you can help it even further its influence in this role. If you have a desire to further your career and are passionate about Supplier Diversity, you should
• Develop relationships with diverse suppliers and promote networking relationships between suppliers and commodity buying teams to support the procurement’s goals.
• Work with external supplier diversity partner councils (MBE Councils, WBE Councils, Veterans Councils, Disability Councils, LGBTQ Councils) to support programs, and create opportunities for diverse suppliers to grow business in support of procurement Goals.
• Supports Government Sales team and their requests in a timely manner and acts as the Small Business Liaison Officer (SBLO) for reports and status to supplier diversity goals.
• Lead training initiatives across all stakeholders to educate them on supplier diversity requirements, programs, and systems.
• Identify best industry practices in supplier diversity programs by conducting research consisting of external benchmarking, attending conferences, gaining insight from customers and key vendors.
• Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes.
• Develop a corporate minority supplier development plan goal and communicates those goals across the entire supply chain.
• Consults with Procurement, Supply Chain and various business leaders at various to ensure appropriate identification, qualification, and inclusion of diverse suppliers. Responsible for all reporting of Company’s diverse supplier spend (Tier 1 and Tier 2) (Certified Minority and women-owned businesses) for all business operations and government contracts where applicable
• Develop a supplier diversity corporate policy that clearly defines Executive Management commitment and measures success.
• Works closely with internal advocates and leaders to fully understand the vision for events. Coordinates event logistics and provides budget information as needed.
• Supports buying teams in all RFP’s to ensure consistent approach and reporting practices
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of supplier diversity, supply chain, procurement, or HR experience
• Experience as a buyer and/or supplier diversity liaison within a company that has government procurement contracts is highly preferred
• Master’s Degree or CPSD is also preferred
• Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.