Manufacturing & Dist / Industrial Automation / Tool & Die
Manufacturing / Production
Director Management (Director/Head of Organization)
Our client is a global industrial manufacturer in the Cincinnati area and is looking for an experienced and accomplished Director of Operations. If you want to work for a growing, dynamic, team-oriented organization and have breadth and depth in your career you should APPLY NOW!
• Planning, directing, and monitoring production to meet established specifications, schedules, volume/cost/wastage targets, and quality standards
• Liaising with Manufacturing Engineering, Supply & Logistics, Sales, etc. as input to developing production schedules and allocating labor/capital resources
• Planning, prioritizing, and managing production line maintenance/downtime to minimize disruptions
• Leading projects for improvements (including analysis of data, processes and other related type of studies) to continuously improve results and help the organization to meet the strategic and operational objectives.
• Facilitating the most efficient methods and processes relate to staffing, equipment, labor and machine capacities, tooling, work stations, stock definitions and strategies.
• Managing the operations and ensuring best practices and commitment to operational efficiency, delivery reliability and competitive cost structure.
• Identifying trends in technology to keep company at competitive edge at all times.
• Managing customer support processes to enhance customer satisfaction.
• Reviewing financial information and adjusting operational budgets to promote profitability
• Developing and implementing policies and strategies for short-term results (1 year and mid-term-3 years)
The Director of Operations leads a team of experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments.
People Leadership Responsibilities include:
• Acting as coach and mentor, as well as providing guidance to management team and employees, contributing to the professional development of the team.
• Responsibility for hiring and firing decisions; conflict resolution skills are critical
• Communicating (and cascading) KPIs to the organization, insuring that the corresponding departmental managers and key personnel, understand them and are aligned in their personal objectives to the organizational goals
• Effective staffing, recruiting and creating a culture of accountability
Required Education and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree Industrial Engineering or Industrial Management, Master's degree preferred
• Operational Excellence (OPEX) familiarity required, black-belt or green-belt certification is a plus
• Industrial /mechanical/electrical industry experience is preferred with knowledge of legal, and quality regulations and guidelines
• In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
• Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
• Familiarity with financial reports – balance sheet and income statement
• Exposure to Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
• 6 years or more in a management leadership position in operations related area over more than one department.
• English required with outstanding written and oral expression
• Spanish or German fluency is a plus
• Familiarity with MS Office and SAP or similar ERP system required
• Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship