Procurement Process Excellence Leader
Are you a stickler for following processes to make your functional role more effective and efficient? Have you ever wished you could take a clean slate to set up processes right the first time instead of working in systems that aren’t fit for purpose? Do you have at least 5 years’ of purchasing experience in a strategic or corporate setting? If so, then this is the right role for you and you should apply now!
The Procurement Process Excellence Leader role focuses on driving the functional strategy and capability excellence portfolio for the Procurement Organization. This individual is accountable for working with the category strategy team and functional purchasing leaders in the day-to-day activities needed to successfully execute processes in a consistent, efficient, and effective manner. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for providing access to leading edge tools and processes enabling the teams to meet their business and cost savings strategies and targets. The Procurement Process Excellence Leader will support the organization by using continuous improvement and change management methodology to embed new ways of working and shifting mindsets across the business.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Support major strategic programs within a multi-year plan including end-to-end process optimization, make/buy analysis and recommendations within a large group of spend categories and/or within a major business area
- Remain current with market trends through relationships with Category managers, suppliers and market experts, and ensure the business has a process to gain access / familiarity with emerging supplier capabilities
- Ensure highest standards of excellence across key capabilities
- Conduct Reviews of Supply Plans, Category Strategies & Roadmaps as well as plans for Contract to Pay enablement
- Provide a value chain perspective across the entire functional portfolio
- Oversee the timing and development of strategic category management plans which specify how savings goals will be achieved, and ensure clear alignment between team actions and business unit objectives
- Coach and/or facilitate resources within function to embed Business Partnering, Strategic Category Management, Business Partnering & Supplier relationships
- Implement and evolve methods for problem identification, ideation, solutioning and scaling
- Develop and usher implementation of ideas that help optimize total cost of ownership for spend categories, and support an emerging future pipeline of Continuous Improvement deliverables
- Work closely with key stakeholders in business units and in corporate functions to coordinate cross-functional strategies and implementation plans
- Promote, educate, and own the change management required for implementation of solutions
- Define and track measures of success for ensuring new solutions are embraced
- Minimum of 5-6 years of multi-disciplined procurement experience or related category experience or relevant experience
- Experience leading and participating on cross-functional and/or global teams
- Internal stakeholder management, data/information management, category management, process redesign and continuous improvement expertise, project management and performance measurement skills
- Procurement process knowledge, contract management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier analysis, supplier diversity, supplier management, technology utilization, strategic planning and integrated supply chain experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Professional certifications (e.g. CPM, CPIM).
- 1 to 3 years in purchasing for consumer products or medical device manufacturing experience
- Membership in Professional Associations, e.g. ISM