Do you have experience leading the program management of post-sales operations and exceeding customer’s expectations? We are urgently seeking a program manager who has had previous aftermarket experience in the military, defense and/or aerospace industry for spare parts and retrofit programs. The right candidate will have a strong background in program management, adept at selling ideas to all levels from internal and external stakeholders. The ability to get others to team with them, with and without direct authority, to help deliver the “winning proposal”.
- Familiar with working with the DoD as a customer and has an understanding of how to seek new business opportunities in coordination with Business Development.
- Assures that conduct of contract requirements is executed in accordance with appropriate regulations and company policies and procedures (i.e. federal acquisition regulations (FAR’s))
- Establishes and clearly communicates the programs vision, implementing best in class service delivery methodologies and processes.
- Conducts regular reviews of program performance through various measures to ensure objectives are met, including budget and time constraints.
- Maintains a level of program structure, program quality, and operating within Government defined standards. Managing and directing the daily execution of customer’s contract requirements to assure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met.
- Serves as a primary interface with the customer on all matters involving contract execution, managing total cost, quality, delivery, and inventory objectives per the contract.
- Leads all integrated product teams (IPT’s meetings- kick-off through project close). Leading and managing a diverse team of direct and indirect reports (e.g. engineering, purchasing, planning, scheduling, shipping / receiving, field service).
- Prepares for and participates in contract/subcontract negotiations. While representing Company’s interests, assures that all government regulatory guidance is met.
- Develops and implements plans and schedules to execute contracts/subcontracts. Allocates and controls contract budgets for labor, material travel and purchased services. Reports program status to senior management monthly.
- Develops and implements corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident.
- Coordinates with other departments on resolution of contractual problems with the customer. Coordinates with Contracts Administration on issues pertaining to contract requirements, changes, and interpretations
- Provides leadership to program team. Assures communication and cooperation among team members and resolves areas of conflict.
- Minimum 7 years or more total work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent combination.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Prior U.S. Military Logistics Management experience is a plus.
- Experience leading aftermarket spares and retrofit programs in a Department of Defense (DoD) contracting environment is preferred.
- Understands lean and process improvement principles (i.e. Lean Six Sigma), any level of Six-Sigma certification is highly desired.
- Experience using program management tools and procedures is required. PMP Certification would is a plus.
- Experience understanding finance, contracting, export regulations, engineering, logistics, manufacturing and supply chain management within Defense programs is highly desired.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to work with customers, vendors, employees and managers at all levels within the company.
- Possesses strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in standard business software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Availability to travel as required