Do you have experience with negotiating and purchasing outside services that are competitive and provide the best value for your business needs? Do you enjoy establishing a vision and strategy and watching it bloom? We have a great opportunity for the right person who has either worked in indirect purchasing for external services (including outside IT, HR, finance, manual labor, facility and ground maintenance) to lay the ground work for a new strategic approach in the services category. If this sounds like you-
The Category Strategy Manager – Services
, will define and establish the Sourcing Strategy and lead the strategic sourcing process. This role requires subject matter expertise in the service management category and an understanding of market trends including all phases of marketplace analysis, supplier selection, supplier relationship management, supply risk, negotiation and contracting.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
• Create a comprehensive category strategy aligned to the company’s goals
• Develop and support a robust category strategy for all assigned areas
• Effectively manage key stakeholders related to the services category.
• Apply a robust RFx strategic sourcing methodology and negotiate supplier agreements/contracts for goods and services
• Solve complex problems important to the success of the organization and draw on experience to successfully negotiate lowest total cost of ownership/best price, delivery, Customer Satisfaction, and Quality.
• Oversee the supplier assessment and qualification process.
• Provide category expertise to the global business.
• Build strong relationships with suppliers and partners.
• Lead the development of overall supply strategy for the category.
• Identify opportunities for the deployment of new technologies for enabling processes which support the category.
• Analyze price and costs with the intention of benchmarking best practices and pricing.
• Assess internal & external client requirements and translate those requirements to meet stakeholder expectations.
• Lead Market Analysis and recommend options to improve internal customer satisfaction and achievement of cost goals.
• Must work and communicate effectively and professionally with others throughout various levels of the global organization.
• Ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, and/or Engineering (MBA is a Plus).
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a complex supply chain organization.
• A minimum of 2 years of Procurement and Supply Chain experience.
• CPSM or CPM preferred.
• Demonstrate leadership, interpersonal skills and teamwork.
• Previous experience on working effectively with internal and supplier personnel at all levels, including senior management.
• Experience in Procurement of indirect or service categories is highly preferred.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.